Date(s) - 10/06/2017
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Théâtre de Verdure du Jardin Shakespeare
UK’s Tower Theatre Company is coming back in June for their 26th annual season at the Théâtre de Verdure in the Bois de Boulogne, this year performing Much Ado about Nothing in English with French subtitles. The play is a comedy where two couples are tricked by gossip and rumor into confessing or rejecting their love. Those of you who attended As you Like It in 2014 or Romeo and Juliet last year will remember how delightful the productions are, in lovely surroundings and with the actors so close. PAN has purchased a limited number of tickets, group-rate, at 15€ each.
To sign up please contact Mary Fossourier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hidden in the Bois de Boulogne, in the Pré Catelan garden, the Théâtre de Verdure du Jardin Shakespeare is one of the most beautiful open-air theatres in the world. The audience sits on a large lawn around which are planted the flowers, trees and plants which are mentioned in five of Shakespeare’s plays. Since 1992 the Tower Theatre Company has performed Shakespeare during the first week of June in this delightful setting.
- There are no refreshments available at the theatre so please bring your own.
- The Tower Theatre Company performs whatever the weather provided they have an audience (only 2 shows have been cancelled due to rain in the last 20 years) – so bring a raincoat in case of showers and/or a hat because there isn’t much shade when it is hot.
Getting to Jardin Shakespeare
By public transport:
- From Metro Porte Maillot take exit 6 for bus 244 (every 15 minutes) to Bagatelle/Pré Catelan. Cross the road, walk up the path directly ahead to Allée de la Reine Marguerite, cross towards Le Nôtre restaurant and enter Pré Catelan by the gate on the right. The Thée de Verdure is round the path to the left.
- More details and further information regarding access on foot or from other metro stations is given on the map below.
- By car:
- By car, access is usually easier from Porte Maillot/Dauphine than from Porte de Passy.
- Parking is free around the Pré Catelan, but note that all gates into the Pré Catelan (except the one next to the restaurant) are locked by the Mairie at 8 pm.